Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LOG013: PAST TF CUSTOMS: CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE

Another commission job from JDP sold as garage kits back in 2005. This little guy was one of my favorites though he's full of kibble. Bumblebee's design was partially inspired by Crazysteve and you can get the details on his fabulous little project through that link. The figure was made to be in scale with the G1 toy so he's about 3" tall and has 14 poa and fully posable. He's made of 29 parts and the first transformable figure I made for JDP.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have any more of these kits around? Very nice work.

Eric Chan (K66) said...

Thanks for the compliments Chris. Nope I don't have this anymore as they're flimsy like hell. I'm seriously thinking of redesigning this little fella with better joints though coz Bumblebee is my favorite G1 character.

Unknown said...

That would be awesome. Considering this as a project after HOS Prime? :)
I like how you packed so much detail into that small figure. Please let us know if you plan on selling this one again.

Eric Chan (K66) said...

Probably more of a "filler" project inbetween the more complex ones on my planned list as I'll probably keep his proportions and only need to redesign the joints. But I think I should be making him in scale with the others that I'll be making based on HOS Prime.