Thursday, April 2, 2009

LOG031: HOS01 ORDERS TO CEASE

It has come to my attention that there are rumors concerning other parties announcing their own mass production and pre-ordering of the HOS Prime figure. While I'm not against anyone who'd share a similar idea, design, prototype, tool, manufacture and sell his own toy, I got a shock when directed to this site. Basically someone with a high feedback rating is taking pre-orders for a similar product using pictures taken from my blog as well as from Sabrina. (she's hopping mad when I showed her that, check out the thread she started over tfw2005)

Coincidentally, Sabrina called me a couple of days ago mentioning that a potential client from Shanghai wished to purchase a number of kits as well as an assembled piece. I didn't give it much thought until I was informed by one my partners in this project of the news mentioned above and that this particular client was reluctant to deal with me directly. I could be wrong, but its a very scary thought that I might end up sabotaging the people who's putting money and effort to realize this project with me by making the design in resin available to just anyone who's willing to pay for it.

My partners in this project have been gracious enough to allow continue sales of the resin kit, but I'm sad to announce that I've decided that all orders for HOS01 will be ceased effective from April 01 to protect their interests. For you guys who have paid a deposit or in full, you will get yours but with this potential threat going on as well as some other problems I'm facing, there's a high possibility of further delaying though I'd wish to settle all orders on hand asap. And to be fair to the people who have contributed to this project directly, I will not be making resin versions of future HOS models if the mass manufacturing project is successful. This is a very hard decision for me as I have personally spent a lot of time and money on development on this project and regretfully, the costs cannot be covered at all at this point of time. I'll be working on other stuff at the moment.

Thanks to all of you who have supported this project and those who will continue to support it in its ABS plastic form. Please bear with me a little for those who have ordered and paid either partially or in full. I'll do my best to ship out soon but if you'd rather not wait and wish to retract your order I will do a full refund at the end of a month or in May.

Thanks again to all
Eric

3 comments:

Nori Toy said...

Sorry to hear that. I had been watching your progress and I hope it all gets sorted out.

K66 said...

Yep this was unforeseen but there will definitely challenges and we'll try to sort things out best that we can. Thanks for the encouragement!

Eternian Dreams said...

PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!